Better days

Better days

I listened to Tim Ferriss podcast he recently recorded with David Blaine (God is Love). Here is the actual video from Tim’s new TV show – Fear(less) interviewing David Blaine which is of course equally good but there is some more different information.

It was a fascinating listen. But what made me really think just David’s way of life, his views on things, the way and the reasons for challenging himself.

David has an incredible memory, remembering names & people, situations, which I guess becomes part & parcel of being a magician.

He’s also talking about fasting which is something I’ve been recently looking into. I understand it is very healthy for you & your body as well as brain, visions, clarity, etc.

Lastly, David is also a great story-teller. I could listen to him for hours.

On a different note, Tim has also recently been on TedTalk talking about ‘Fear Setting‘. This is something that he does on a quarterly basis if not every month and he claims it helps him to make the right decision, and he thanks to this simple exercise for all his success. Instead of goal setting, you should instead focus on Fear setting.

3 pages:

Page 1

What if I … ?

  1. Define – what is your worst fear?
  2. Prevent – how can each be prevented?
  3. Repair – call a friend for help, simply come up with some solution, seek help from variety of sources

Write anywhere between 10-20.

Page 2

What would be the benefits of an attempt or a partial success?

Page 3

The cost of inaction (financial, physical, emotional, etc.)

6 months

12 months

3 years

He left the talk with a couple of great quotes:

“Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.” Jerzy Gregorek (also one of Tim’s favorite people of all time).

“We often suffer more in imagination than in reality.” Cato younger (Stoicism)

Happy days

I got the job!

OK, the job is Affiliate coordinator. It is for a local Fashion Ecommerce business called WoolOvers and it is my first digital marketing job. I am very happy. But still not 100% happy as I haven’t got it in writing and they can’t give it to me in writing until mid to end of next week. So why? I have tried finding out but they wouldn’t say. They reassured me however, they are no longer interviewing and the post is closed now. I just can’t relax until I get it all in writing. I really hope I have it.

I passed my Google Analytics exam and officially certified!

Yes, on my 3rd attempt I finally achieved exactly 80%. That is exactly 56 correct answers out of 70… I knew which ones I got wrong this time – but still, what about the remaining 14? I bet they are those answers where there is a combination of either ‘all’ answers are correct, or only ‘some’ are correct (a & b) or just 1 is correct. But anyway, I finally have it. But what now??

I hope to use my newly acquired skills in my new job. I can’t wait. 🙂

Oh, and I finally received my amazing free yoga mat from Yogaia.  I helped them with a case study and received free mat in return – win!

So that is 3 wins in one day? Who can beat the Banana?

Well, Hello there!

post

The first half of 2016 in brief – leaving my job, focusing on studies, looking for a new job.

So, I’m currently not working. I left my last job at a start up because I was bored, the place didn’t have a direction and people were jumping the ship at a speed of light. It has changed the dynamic of the entire business. I left with no job to go to. But I felt I was wasting my precious time I could spend upskilling in something valuable and mainly spend a bit more time with my kids. Something I was lacking hugely mainly due to the horrendous commute to London .

I decided, being almost 35 with little money in my pocket, to invested in Professional Diploma course with Digital Marketing Institute and never looked back. I have passed my exam with DMI with 84% pass rate. Something I’m really proud of. Yes, it’s a little win but it really gave me the confidence to continue the path in digital marketing.

I have seriously become passionate about digital marketing and the world of digital.

Later I invested in another course this time with Squared Online – a program developed with Google. Course that dedicates 60% of its content to digital marketing and the remaining 40% to leadership stream. It has been great so far. I’ve learned a lot about the different channels with DMI. With Squared online I’m now learning how all the channels fit together.

We have already touched on mobile strategy for business, how to create and develop a disruptive idea, leadership guiding principles for an agile organization, Web Analytics, and Digital Marketing Measurement Model (thank you Avinash).

We work in appointed virtual teams on various different projects. Working in virtual groups is a task in itself but I have already met some interesting characters and I enjoy the experience this is giving me.

In short – I’m loving it!